This article will walk you through key information about how Complimentary Hotel Rooms work
Depending on the hotel contract, complimentary rooms can be earned and assigned to individuals. If you have been offered a complimentary room, please read over this guide prior to check-in and share this article with any staff member, referee, or guest who will be checking into a complimentary room.
- The guest will be asked to present their ID and their Confirmation Number when checking in at the hotel.
- A common practice with complimentary rooms is for the hotel to charge the guest for the room at check-in, then issue a refund. The hotel may require this practice to ensure that room nights have been actualized.
- If you do not want the individual staying in the room to present their card, you can request a Credit Card Authorization form from your Account Manager to add an alternate card on file.
- Comp rooms are earned based on pick up. If room nights do not actualize, comp nights are subject to drop below what has been allocated.
- Complimentary rooms are handled just as any other reservation, so it is important to keep the Hotel's cancellation policy in mind should you need to make any adjustments to a comp night reservation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.