This article will help you understand the EventConnect service fee and its significance.
What Is It?
Why Does It Exist?
First and foremost, group hotel contracts managed through EventConnect include a Force Majeure Clause for tournament participants in the event of a situation like an epidemic/pandemic that would cause the Tournament to cancel. This clause ensures that reservations can be cancelled without penalty and are protected from any additional charges from the hotel.
For teams to be offered this No Contract - Pay Later - Fully Cancellable reservation, we undertake certain commitments with the hotel properties that we partner with which is why we require this deposit upon booking.
EventConnect processes this fee to:
- Cover our commitments with the hotels and the event.
- Offset our operational costs that go into providing service on the hotel contracts/room blocks/reservations.
- Cover any administration costs of providing a seamless digital booking experience for you and the event.
- Secure large quantities of room types with valuable amenities, discounted rates, and “Pay Later” options.
- Provide cancellable hotel accommodations
- Allow us to advocate on your behalf to hotels when looking to cancel past the cancellation deadlines.
Is it an Extra Cost?
The service fee is not an additional cost to the reservation. It is deducted from the overall reservation total so that there are no hidden additional costs and everything is accurately included in the tournament rate.
Where Can I View My Service Fee?
You can view your service fee before your reservation. It will show up as its line item in the breakdown of costs for your reservation as Due Today. The service fee will vary depending on the event and hotel.
The service fee can also be viewed on your reservation receipt either in the email that you received after reserving or by accessing your reservation on EventConnect.