This article outlines the Event Setup tab and the process needed to set up a new event - IF YOUR EVENT REQUIRES HOTELS PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR ACCOUNT MANAGER OR ACCOUNTS@EVENTCONNECT.IO
This tab covers how to create and edit divisions, as well as the different features offered within divisions such as waitlisting, approval, and rate management.
Create a Division
- To create a division, click on the blue plus button in the bottom right hand corner
- Add the name and the number of teams that can register to the division in the limit section.
- Control the status of the division
- Open: All teams that register are approved until the limit is reached, then they go on the waitlist
- Auto-waitlisted: All teams that register go on a waitlist until approved by event owner
- Approval Required: All teams that register go into "Pending Approval" status until approved by event owner
- Select the sport type - applicable if offering different sports in your event
- Create your rate(s) for the division
- Rate Type - Group or Individual registration
- Name of Rate (ex. General or Registration Fee)
- Start and end dates of the rate - applicable if offering multiple rates in a division (ex. Early Bird vs Late Registration) - leave this as is if there is only one rate as it defaults to your overall registration dates
- Rate - Total cost of division
- Deposit - Offer a deposit option at the time of registration, this is subtracted from your total cost (ex. Rate = 500, Deposit = 50 - if deposit selected team owes 450 after)
- Cost Per Player - Add if there is a player fee on top of team fee - can be paid by team managers OR by each player
- Restrictions - Can restrict who can register to divisions based on gender, and age. In addition, you can set a minimum and maximum roster size - THIS IS ALL OPTIONAL
To edit a division, click on the pencil icon to the right of the division row.
To delete a division, click on the garbage can to the right of the pencil icon.
- Open a division by clicking the pencil icon
- Click Add Rate in the middle right hand section of the division
- Follow the steps outlined above to create the division cost - key difference here is to set different dates for this rate so as one closes, another opens
- Remember to hit save!
If you hover over the blue plus button in the bottom right hand corner, there is a toolbar that appears with more options for managing your divisions:
- Pencil - Mass Edit Divisions - You can edit the rate cost and dates for each division without opening each division one by one
- Garbage Can - Mass Delete Divisions - You can delete all of your divisions if you need to start from scratch!
- Multi-Directional Arrows - Re-order Divisions - You can drag and down your divisions in the order you want them to display on your registration page
- Down Arrow with Bar - Import Divisions - You can import divisions from another event if you use similar age groups/rates!